Thursday, August 2, 2012

Fish kill reported in Endwell

Fish Kill reported in Endwell.

FRACKING CONNECTION?

Billions of gallons of wastewater being generated by Fracking operations in PA.
Could they be dumping in NY?

Another possible source, the Endwell Greens Golf Course to the North.
Low water levels + chemical fertilizers may result in fish kills.


From the fisherman who made the report:
   
This past Tues., July 24, 2012, I took my nephew fishing at Patterson Pond which is located approximately two miles north of Endwell, Broome County.  The DEC has a web page describing this fishing spot at the following page: http://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/70616.html

We witnessed a bunch of dead fish there and I have some photos. I don't have any idea what may have killed these fish.  But the dead fish included Crappie, Perch and Bullhead catfish.  I discussed this on the phone with Elaine Perkus and Bill Huston.

I'll send three photos, the first with this email and then two other emails.  This is the 4th image.  This one shows one small sickish-looking crappie that my nephew caught alive that we promptly put back in the pond.  This is a closer view of this still living crappie.

I'll contact the DEC about this and see what they say.






--
--
May you, and all beings
be happy and free from suffering :)
-- ancient Buddhist Prayer (Metta)

No comments: