Tuesday, February 26, 2013

RIP Richard

http://www.thenation.com/sites/default/files/user/20/Richard_Grossman_img2.jpg

I am thinking about my friend
Richard Grossman
.


This weekend I had the good fortune to spend some time
with some of his close friends.
They would also call themselves his students.

Always humble,
he would say the same about them.


Once in my life I was feeling quite victimized, 
disempowered, & raped by agents of a soulless machine 
which saw me only as something it could consume.

Then, I found Richard's words and realized I was not alone, 

but standing in the middle of a continuum of peoples' struggles
for freedom autonomy, and personhood spanning 500 years. 

Richard taught personal empowerment,
that we didn't have to take the abuse lying down,
that we could stand up, speak truth to power
and reclaim our Democracy and our Dignity
against great forces of destruction,
and that yes, with skillful practice, 
we might even thrive, succeed, or even just survive.

He had a great mind.
He believed in Egalitarianism, Democracy,
and the rule of law.

He was a passionate teacher.
He had a big heart.
He touched the lives of many people.
He was kind and generous.
He did good work.

I am sad he his gone.
I am happy Richard (and his ideas)
touched my life.

I encourage you to investigate his work
with POCLAD, CELDF, and Democracy School.

RIP GREAT SPIRIT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6UK_7rmy7I


--
--
May you, and all beings
be happy and free from suffering :)
-- ancient Buddhist Prayer (Metta)

No comments: