Note: I am mirroring this from the NY Friends website. Doesn't hurt to have multiple copies around.
Check the original source for the latest updates. This is really excellent and absolutely unbelievable.
Thanks to all the researchers and contributors who put this together so quickly. A great team effort. -- BH
UPDATE 11-5-13 Spud data added from PA DEP database.
NOTE: this is 95% about Franklin Forks PA.
A few other events are given to help place these events in time.
We begin with a page from WPX Energy's website:
|What a joke.|
"WPX is committed to being an exceptional neighbor and caring for the environment in each of the communities we are a part of. We understand that protecting air, water, natural habitats and quality of life are vitally important.
WPX believes that to successfully operate in an area, we should play an active role in the communities where our people work and live. Whenever possible, we strive to buy locally. We also encourage employees to serve in non-profit organizations, volunteer in schools and champion local causes. Our people have done everything from participating in fundraising walks and cycling events for diabetes and cancer, to working and raising money for food banks, to volunteering at libraries and festivals, and participating in conservation groups.
We are committed to being not just good corporate citizens, but trusted and caring members of the community. We welcome open, honest and respectful dialogue. We’re happy to interact with you in a variety of ways – through tours, open houses, one-to-one meetings, safety drills for emergency responders and dedicated answer lines to report problems or provide feedback."Here's a look at the people WPX the "caring neighbors" want to deprive of water:
Email complaints to:
Franklin Forks/WPX Timeline
- 11-29-09 Carrar 1H spudded
- 9-2010 Gasland Released, an amazing documentary by director Josh Fox which began to open up the eyes of many people to the dangers of Hydraulic Fracturing. Shot largely in the Western US where "fracking" has been going on for a longer period of time, but also shot in nearby Dimock PA.
- 9-2010 Leaked document by PA Dept of Homeland Security revealed that an Israeli spy firm, ITRR was hired by the PA state government to gather intelligence on (among other things) anti-drilling groups, including people who watched Gasland, and several individuals in Susquehanna and Luzernne County, and monitored private email lists.
- 11-8-2010 Depue 2H spudded
- 11-11-2010 Webster 2H spudded
- 11-14-2010 Depue 4H spudded
- 11-18-2010 Depue 8H spudded
- 11-21-2010 Depue 10H spudded
- 1-18-2011 Tom Corbett sworn in as Governor of PA. During his term, both the number of well inspections and also the number of violations plummet. Many scandals regarding hydraulic fracking during his term, inluding the "Suite Code 942" scandal, where the DEP was testing for 24 water contaminants, but only reporting 8. Many open-records requests denied, forcing lawsuits. Scranton Times-Tribune sued, and eventually discovered in PA a total of 969 total complaints of water contamination related to gas drilling, and 161 total which they determined where gas drilling was responsible. (Laura Legere: http://thetimes-tribune.com/news/sunday-times-review-of-dep-drilling-records-reveals-water-damage-murky-testing-methods-1.1491547)
- 2-15-2011 Depue 8H violation ID 604972 "Failure to report
or improperly cemented casing w/in 24 hrs or submit plan to correct w/in 30 days".
- 3-11-2011 Hollenbeck 1H, 2H, 3H, 4H spudded.
- 4-2011 IPAA hires Tom Shepstone to lead as Energy in Depth's Northeast Marcellus Initiative: http://energyindepth.org/marcellus/dimock-residents-determined-to-get-the-truth-out/
EID is known for three kinds of operations: spying, bullying, and propaganda. They are known for publishing "hit pieces" against anyone who reports about any gas-industry related issues (e.g., water and air contamination, industry worker safety, boom/bust economic downturns, and quality of life impacts). They have attacked scientists, engineers, academics, health professionals, journalists, and most notoriously, even victims of the gas industry whose lives have been severely disrupted with water contamination, and/or health impacts, including publishing their home addresses and photos of their homes, and suggesting violence towards them, that "ANTIs" should be "whacked like moles". (ref: http://energyindepth.org/marcellus/conflict-of-interest-the-latest-natural-gas-mole/ )
Pennsylvania Department of State considers IPAA / EID a legitimate non-profit corporation (501c6 Business Chamber, and a 501c3 Educational Foundation) and allows them to continue to operate in the state.
- 4-2011 Leaked "Landman's Handbook" advises "Do not discuss the chemicals" when trying to sign landowners. http://www.freshlife.com/content/do-not-discuss-the-chemicals-lessons-from-the-landman-s-handbook
- 4-2011: WPX Energy plans $750 million IPO
- April-May 2011 MAJOR WATER CONTAMINATION PROBLEMS BEGIN IN FRANKLIN FORKS
Bill and Shirley Pabst of Franklin Forks "Our problems started in April". "Water started getting cloudy in May" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8l61X7nqT0 @3:50
- 6-2011 Bill and Shirley Pabst of Franklin Forks: "Water turned black, one day it
came all at once, clogged up all the bathroom fixtures." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8l61X7nqT0
- 7-29-2011 John Jones III was killed when a vacuum truck owned
by Southeast Directional Drilling overturned on his car.
Matt Manning of Franklin Forks witnessed.
- 9-8-2011 Carrar 2H, 4H, 6H spudded
- 10-2011: The Williams Companies said late on Tuesday that it planned to spin off its exploration and
production business by the end of the year instead of selling the unit
in an initial public offering. Williams cited turmoil in the markets as
the primary reason for
calling off the I.P.O., which the energy company had announced in
February. A tax-free spinoff of the unit, WPX Energy, would be much
quicker to execute than an offering. “The continued instability and
weakness in equity markets, especially
for new issuances, makes the I.P.O. of WPX Energy appear unattractive
in the near term,” Alan Armstrong, Williams’ chief executive, said in a
statement. The company could still resume the I.P.O. process if market
- 11-2011: TX Sharon reveals that Range Resources and Anadarko Petroleum hires military PSYOPS personnel and considers local citizens "insurgants". http://www.texassharon.com/psyops/
- 12-6-11 "Our problems started Dec 6" Matt Manning, Barium, Magnesium, Arsenic, Aluminum, Methane contamination in water. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPM64kseP30
Their attorney, Bill Dubanevich, esq, specializing in "environmental law", told them,
"better just keep quiet about it".
- 12-12-11 -- Williams Companies (WMB) believes they have found the solution for a great NYE though as the company recently approved plans to spin off WPX Energy, its E&P unit, on December 31st to shareholders as of December 14th. http://www.stockspinoffs.com/2011/12/12/ring-in-the-new-year-with-wpx-energy/
RECAP of nearby wells in progress at this time: Carrar, Hollenbeck, Depue, Webster
- 12-10-11 Mitchell North-1 5H, 7H, 8H spudded
- 12-16-11: Fracking Observed at Hollenbeck well:
- 12-20-11 Knapik East-1 12H, Knapik West-1 6H spudded,
- 12-22-11 DEP first test Manning well (according to PA DEP Determination letter
Apr 24 2013 Complaint #286492)
- 1-13-12 Mitchell North-1 3H spudded
- 2-4-12 Lauren Petracca photographs cloudy water glass, at Manning home which will get published in Rolling Stone. http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/pictures/frackings-real-life-victims-20130123/a-glass-of-water-0430444
- 2-10-12 Sadecki 1 4H spudded
2-13-12 Flaring Observed Hollenbeck
- 2-14-12: Act 13 becomes law as Governor Corbett signs House Bill 1950. Among other things, Act 13:
"...increased the presumption of liability for water supply contamination for unconventional wells. Unless rebutted, the Act presumes that an operator is responsible for pollution of a water supply if the affected water supply is 2,500 feet (increased from 1,000 ft) from an unconventional well and that pollution occurred within 12 months (increased from 6 mos.) of the later of completion, drilling, stimulation or alteration of the unconventional well. Operators found to have impacted water supplies within the time and distance provisions of the presumption of liability must provide temporary potable water until the supplies are restored or replaced.Only problem with this is, that according to a recent presentation by Cabot Oil and Gas, operators in Susquehanna County PA are commonly drilling the horizontal bore 4,000 ft or more.
Cabot Oil and Gas says their average horizontal bore is 4,087 ft in 2012.
Dan Dinges, Cabot CEO: "Based on 41 producing wells, our typical well for the 2012 program was drilled at a lateral length of 4,087 feet with 17.6 frac stages". Sources: Text from 2-22-13 Cabot Earnings Call:
Graphic is from Investor Presentation:
The Presumed Liability distance due to Act 13 was increased to 2,500 ft from 1,000'.
Shown are the Sadecki, Mitchell, Knapik, Carrar, Hollenbeck, Depue, Webster well pads, which all were active
during Feb-Mar 2012
well bore, is that horizontal wells commonly extend to 4,000 and beyond.
Here is a map showing the active wells during Feb-Mar 2012 when the most severe water
contamination in Franklin Forks began, with the estimated spacing units for the wells.
2-26-12 Service Rig Observed Hollenbeck
- 3-4-12 Depue 8H. DEP Inspection 1954842 notes
two violations: Violation ID 605918
"Failure to notify DEP of pollution incident. No phone call made forthwith" and Violation ID 605919, "Failure to properly control or dispose of industrial or residual waste to prevent pollution of the waters of the Commonwealth."
- 3-6-12 PA DEP retests several homes at Franklin Forks.
- 3-6-12 RECAP of nearby wells in progress at this time: Sadecki, Mitchell, Knapik, Carrar, Hollenbeck, Depue, Webster
- 3-6-12 Franklin Twp meeting. Several families came to
report water issues.
None of these families knew at the time that the others were experiencing water contamination issues. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8l61X7nqT0
1: Manning, 2: Hadlick, 3: Henry, 4: Pabst, 5: Heavenly Angels (Steele family business)
- Tammy Manning reports her methane levels were 38.9 mg/l in
December. DEC retested today "68 mg/l" (actually it was recorded by PA DEP to be 58.4 mg/l, which is still extraordinarily high). PA DEP considers concentrations at or below 7mg/l is
considered safe (Manning Determination Letter 4/24/13)
so the Manning's levels were 8.3x over safe.
Manning water well has been erupting for some time, as Tammy Manning brings a video to the meeting.
- Scott Henry reports his methane levels were a staggering 126
mg/l (this needs to be verified). Also reports his water is sometimes black and sometimes yellow. Getting worse.
Reports DEP was here today. On Jan 11th he water was 10%
methane (which would be ~63mg/l is 9x over safe), and "today it is at 126" (mg/l? This seems impossibly high and needs to be verified against actual determination letter.) He also reports this is "26% methane" (about 160 mg/l. Again this seems impossibly high and needs verification)
Henry reports there were "A lot of problems after fracking Depue." @2:45
- Bill Pabst: (wife Shirley) "Black water between May-June
- 3-9-12 Water Well exploding video, recorded by Lauren Petracca
- 3-9-12 Tom Wilbur reports on Franklin Forks:
- 3-14-12 With WPX doing nothing, DEP doing nothing, EPA doing nothing, local elected officials doing nothing, Craig Stevens asks Manning family about the advice given to them by their attorney, ("better just keep quiet about it"). "How do you feel keeping-quiet is working out for you?" Tammy Manning replies, "Not so well, I guess". Media is called in.
- 3-15-12 media reports:
- 3-15-12 GDAC (Scott Cannon) produces this video:
Erupting Water Well - Marcellus Shale Reality Tour Part 5 - Fracking
- 3-20-12 Depue 8H Inspection Report 2053535, DEP inspector
Stephen Watson reports:
"Well is online. Observed bubbling on 9" x 13" annulus. Can see bubbling at surface.
Bubbling is consistent and visible on all sides of casing."
- 3-20-12 Times-Tribune: http://thetimes-tribune.com/news/dep-asks-gas-driller-to-help-remedy-franklin-twp-methane-spike-1.1287791
DEP asks gas driller to help remedy Franklin Twp. methane spike (Excerpt)
By Laura Legere:
The Department of Environmental Protection has asked a natural gas drilling company to step in and help three Franklin Twp. families whose well water contains high levels of methane. State environmental regulators have not determined the source of the gas and are not saying WPX Energy is responsible for the methane, DEP spokeswoman Colleen Connolly said. But in a letter to the driller Friday, regulators asked that WPX help address the problem.
"They can offer to put in (methane) mitigation systems. They can offer to buy bottled water. We did ask them to vent at least one well," Ms. Connolly said. "We're looking at a situation where some temporary fixes need to be put in, and we're putting the ball in WPX's court."
The department began investigating elevated methane in the water wells in December when residents along Route 29 in the hamlet of Franklin Forks noticed discolored water and intermittent eruptions of gas and water from their well. WPX has been cited by the DEP for flaws in the steel and cement barriers in two of its Marcellus Shale wells closest to Franklin Forks, but the company has said those well casings were properly installed and cemented.
WPX spokeswoman Susan Oliver said that the company received the message from DEP late Friday and reached out to the department Monday to set up a meeting this week. "WPX Energy has been a good neighbor to the Endless Mountain area," she said, adding that the company has spent more than $2 million on road repair, charitable giving and flood relief in the last year.
Methane, the primary component of natural gas, has seeped into water supplies through faults or weaknesses in Marcellus Shale wells in other areas of Susquehanna County and the region. The department also is investigating a natural methane seep in nearby Salt Springs State Park as a possible cause of the well contamination.
Ms. Connolly said she did not have a copy of the letter to WPX to release on Monday.
Tammy Manning, whose family of seven lives in one of the affected homes, said the amount of methane dissolved in her well water rose from 38.9 milligrams per liter during a DEP test in December to 58.4 milligrams per liter during a test this month. A flammable gas, methane can pose a fire or explosion risk when it escapes from water and becomes trapped in enclosed spaces.
As of Monday afternoon, her well was still not vented.
- 3-21-12 WPX vents Manning well http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x90snccaAhE
- 3-22-12 WPX evaluating Manning Well. WPX's Public Relations officer Susan Oliver and "Scott" (no last name given) advance a theory that somehow the water eruptions in the Manning well are caused by
a faulty pump: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roGXXQA5k9Q
- 3-22-12 "Manning Water Well Inside---Bubbling Methane Water"...
Video of bubbling inside water well with pump DISABLED! Seems to counter WPX explanation, but is consistent with methane at 58.4 mg/l as recorded by PA DEP. Anything over saturation point of 28 mg/l will produce visible bubbles (Manning Determination Letter) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTZp1e0uc0c
- 3-23-12 WPX installs water tanks ("water buffaloes") for 3 affected families in Franklin Forks: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJn0grijmY0
- 3-24-12 Dear Susquehanna (blog) on Franklin Forks:
- 4-3-12 "WPX Energy Speaks at Franklin Twp. Meeting"
Susan Oliver makes first known public appearance in the area. Local pro-gas residents try to block Vera from recording the meeting: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9dsn-Kx-cw
4-11-12 Franklin Forks Family Sues Driller: Laura Legere,
"DEP tests that month found barium at twice the state's safe drinking water limit and
aluminum and iron at 10 times the standards.... Methane concentrations found during
state tests in December and March exceeded the point when water can no longer hold
the gas, which can then collect in enclosed spaces and pose an explosion risk."
- 4-11-2012 Craig Stevens First reports Franklin Citizens for Truth is created. (private conversation)
- 4-12-12 Flaring Observed Carrar well site: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_FXLXmiIes
- 4-17-12 Peter Hudiburg, and Pete and Linda Bevilacqua toured Franklin Forks. Peter writes
that WPX "had recently installed water buffalos complete with heat tapes and plywood housing to keep their water from freezing in winter. They also had 20 foot tall pipes sticking out of their wells with spinning vanes at the top indicating escaping methane. Of course, the
homeowners are responsible to pay for the extra electric for keeping the water in their
buffalos from freezing in the winter. Yet there is no guarantee that that water replacement will be safely drinkable. So they are told to buy additional drinking water. We brought some down from New York for them since the company refuses to buy that."
- 5-7-12 WPX Susan Oliver begins PR tour selling the benefits of golden gas around the region. Begins by presentation at Silver Lake Township Meeting:
- 5-13-12 Still Not Safe to Drink: "A worker
from Stone & Parrish, a farm equipment repair company, fills up a
tank with water at the Mannings' house on Sunday, May 13th, 2012. WPX
Energy pays for water deliveries to the Manning family and two others,
although they still don't take responsibility for contaminating their
water. The water is safe to cook and bathe in, but is still not safe to
drink. (Lauren Petracca) http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/pictures/frackings-real-life-victims-20130123/still-not-safe-to-drink-0715667
Flaring at Mitchell Well Site, 5-20-2012
Still from video by Bill Huston
5-20-12 Flaring Observed Mitchell Well
- 6-1-12 Knapik East 1 10H and 8H spudded
- 6-12-12 "Truthland: Dispatches from the Real Gasland" is published to Youtube. Strangely, there are no production credits, no director named, no editors, no cinematographers listed, no grips... nada. Just that the video was produced by the IPAA, the Independent Petroleum Association of America, which is the group behind Energy in Depth (paid bullies, spies, and propagandists for the gas industry). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTJaaeiuzSU
- 6-12-12 Energy in Depth announces release of "Truthland"
- 6-12-12 Bloggers begin to analyze the pro-gas propaganda film "Truthland", and begin blogging with the tag "Trouble in Truthland". It turns out there are many problems with the film, including overt bias, and glaring factual errors. Just about everything, including the premise is false! Turns out that Shelly was recruited by the pro-gas landowners group JLCNY and the IPAA (Energy in Depth) to be the star and spokesmodel for the gas industry. The script and premise and locations were all chosen by the unnamed producers and writers.
- 6-20-12 EID announces "Franklin Citizens for Truth"
They are known for their signs and shirts:
"Our Water Quality is Fine:
NO TRESPASSING Per Landowner"
And also the "firewater" tee shirt, which reads: "Susquehanna County: Lighting our Water on Fire since 1795"
- 7-13-2012 Truthland Screening at Harrisburg, Shelly Depue admits the premise is bogus, and in fact, she was
recruited by pro-gas JLCNY and Energy in Depth to star in Truthland.
- 7-25-12: County Commissioner Meeting: 17:35:
Vera Scroggions: "WPX has 20 pages of violations for last 3 years. Under investigations Depue & Hollenbeck, casing and also spills. Why are we allowing them to be in our county? I feel I am at risk? I live in the area where they are drilling? What will you do to protect us? They want to drill 2500' from my lake. This is totally unaccpetable for violations in Franklin and Liberty twp. They still don't know how to do casings without failure. Supplying water to three homes.."
Susan Oliver: "Miss Scroggins entitled to her opinions, but not her facts. Facts are, we have been working w/DEP based on allegations based on complaints at 3 homes. Based on isotopic chemical makup the methane in these 3 homes is same as recorded at Salt Springs State Park++ since 1700s**. We are provinding these test results to PA DEP. We are working on DEP at 2 wells. We are working within parameters w/State Requiremnts and Best Practices. We are aware of our responsibilites, committment to environment and community. We worked with family in Franklin forks major medical issues, Liberty community park/ for someone who is sick. Raised over $6k for medical bills. Didn't see Miss Scroggins at that fundraiser. Helping refurbuish Liberty Park, w/4H, look forward to working with them again blah blah blah."
COMMENT from unidentified man present: "How could you know what kind of methane was in the water in the 1700s?" Susan Oliver: "Because there is documentation. "
++ Note 1: Even if methane isotopic is from Salt Springs methane; why is it moving
to Franklin Forks in such high amounts since drilling and fracking ??
** Note 2: This phrasing is nearly identical to that which will be used in the Colleen Connolly / Gary Miller press release which will be released 9 months later!
Susan Oliver, WPX, at the Susquehanna County Commissioners Meeting 7-25-2013 "We have been working with the DEP on an investigation that they started based on allegations from three different home owners. And, in our results, we found with the testing by independent labs, that the isotopic chemical makup of the methane in these three homes' water wells is same kind of methane as at Salt Springs State Park and the methane in that area since the 1700s" PA DEP Press Release 5-2-13 "DEP’s extensive investigation started in December 2011and included evaluation of the nearest natural gas wells, isotopic testing and analysis of historical water data to determine the origin of the methane. The testing included water samples taken from three private water wells to compare with samples taken from natural gas wells located nearby and with water samples taken from the spring and private water well at Salt Springs State Park, which historically contains naturally occurring methane. The spring is approximately one mile from the affected homes. The testing determined that the water samples taken from the private water wells contained gas of similar isotopic makeup to the gas in the water samples taken from Salt Springs State Park."
Who wrote the press release? PA DEP? or WPX?
- 8-27-12 Heavenly Angels store owner upset at Vera's questions about water contamination and whether there is a required posted public notice, as they serve food there. Notice the "Franklin Citizens for Truth" tee shirts for sale: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQMFrncktMY
- 10-9-12 Flaring Observed Knapik well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwuKGtkdugk
- 10-30-12, New group formed, similar to "Dimock Proud/Enough is Enough",
and Franklin Citizens for Truth. This one is called "Brooklyn Township Teamwork for Marcellus Future". http://energyindepth.org/marcellus/brooklyn-township-teamwork-for-marcellus-shale-future/
It is suspected with a name that lame, this is another fake astroturf group created with the help of Shepstone @ EID. http://williamahuston.blogspot.com/2012/10/eid-forms-new-fake-astroturf-group-in.html
Shepstone immediately responds to this accusation, but does not refute that this group is fake! He only complains about a statement which was falsely attributed to one of his EID people made at a public meeting.
- 12-13-12 Flaring Observed Hollenbeck
- 1-16-13: Meeting of Brooklyn Township Teamwork for Marcellus Future.
The alleged founder Donna Williams, asks Joe Massaro of EID if they can get some
signs like Dimock Proud. He responds surprisingly honestly, that the signs come from
Cabot Oil and Gas, not EID!
- 1-17-13 Yoko Ono, Sean Lennon, Susan Sarandon visit PA
fracking sites, and also Franklin Forks
- (many other news articles on this event)
- 1-23-2013 Mannings featured in Rolling Stone magazine:
- Feb 2 2013 Fracking observed, Mitchell well
- 4-24-13 PA DEP issues Determination Letters to Mannings and Hadlicks: Complaint 286402 states "no indication that gas drilling is to blame" http://www.damascuscitizensforsustainability.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/DEPManningComplaint286492DeterminationLetter04242013.pdf
- This is likely because the distance from the Manning's and the Hadlick's to the nearest gas well (Hollenbeck) is ~4,000 feet. Whereas the new limits from Act 13
- 4-25-13 PA DEP Colleen Connolly signs a press
release saying "gas industry is NOT to blame in Franklin
Forks" (Note the wording change over Determination Letter!!) However, the original Word Document file of this press
release (sent to a Binghamton-area TV station on 4-29-13)
indicates the author was Gary Miller, who is a Public Relations operative who
works for Governor Corbett. This is not released to the media for 5 more days.
- 4-29-13: Friday Colleen Connolly sends a PDF of the
Manning determination letter to a TV News Media
outlet in Binghamton, along with the original Word document of the press release
signed by Connolly, but apparently authored by Gary Miller.
- 5-2-13 Monday-- this statement, the altered wording by Connolly/Miller that "Gas industry was not to blame for water contamination in Franklin Forks"-- was widely reported the press. .
(You can see from the meta-data the author was Gary Miller:)
- 5-19-13 Epoch Times tried to get the original PA DEP report under
Freedom to Know Request. (denied). "The DEP would not release the report citing homeowner
privacy issues, instead issuing a four-paragraph statement of
the conclusions. The Epoch Times asked for a copy with the
names and addresses redacted to protect the homeowners,
however, the request was denied."
- 9-25-2013 WPX stops delivering water to Franklin Forks
(ref: Losing Their Water After Gas Drilling - 10-1-13 @2:13 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXh18PMAJbc )
- 10-1-13 Craig Stevens/Ray Kemble begin water deliveries to 2 Franklin Forks households: Mannings, and Hadlicks. (ibid)
- 10-20-13: Fractracker publishes a report which shows that from 1/1/2000 to 10/21/2013, WPX has been issued 98 violation IDs over 161 total wells.
- October 2013: Attorney for the Hadlick's Bill Dubanevich
negotiated for WPX to get the water buffalo on Friday 11-1-13. However, this was not with the consent of
the client family. There were two different solutions discussed.
Option 1: replace the existing 1,100 gal buffalo with a donated 300 gallon tank, donated by the Carter family in Dimock. However, not only was the size unacceptable-- as the costs for more frequent water deliveries would have been prohibitive, but also WPX had built the containment shed around the buffalo, it would have to be destroyed to remove the existing tank. This means the Hadlick's would have to purchase or build another shed, in addition to purchasing a larger sized buffalo to meet their water needs. The cost of such is estimated at about $2,000.
Option 2: proposed by WPX was to re-attach the Hadlick's contaminated well back to the house. (how's that for a "Good Neighbor"?)
NOTE WELL: The DEP never said the well was not contaminated.
They only reported they couldn't find "indication" the gas industry was to blame.
- Friday, 11-1-13 Williams came to get the Hadlick's water
buffalo. People from NY and PA formed a blockade and prevented them from getting it. Tammy Hadlick (disabled)
conveyed a message via her daughter to WPX's Susan Oliver to leave the property. "No trespassing
signs" were posted also on the property and the water buffalo.
Nov 1, All Hallows Day (the Day of the Dead), Susan Oliver from
WPX Energy arrives to remove the 1,100 gallon water tank.
Williams rep Susan Oliver claims the buffalo water was "potable water" (NOT),
and also claimed WPX "offered to reconnect their water well" which has been shown
by the PA DEP Determination letter to be contaminated.
- Sunday 11-3-2013 Tammy Manning and Tammy Hadlick deliver letter to WPX's Susan Oliver via email that Atty. Dubanevich (who was
negotiating deals with the WPX against the interests and
desires of his client), has been fired, that they are seeking new counsel, and that WPX is ordered to stay off their properties. Any violations will be considered trespass and will be met with local law enforcement.
- 11-17-2013 WPX Energy releases "Down Deep", a slick 26 min. propaganda video which calls itself a "documentary". The video tries to portray WPX and CEO Ralph Hill as "caring", fracking is a "gift", while discrediting industry criticism. Produced by OKC based PR firm Ackerman & McQueen.
Public Relations EPIC FAIL: A Lock Out/Tag Out violation
caught on video, and presented in a video attempting
to sanitize the image of the industry. "Down Deep", WPX Energy, prod. Ackerman/McQueen
|Have these Pennsylvania Elected Legislators visited with Victims
of Drilling/Fracking in Their District? (Dimock, Franklin Forks, etc)
|PA State Rep
Major 111th (R)
|PA Senator Gene Yaw (R)||Tom Marino US
|Pat Toomey (R)
|Bob Casey JR.
|Campaign Contributions from Energy and Natural Resources sector:
|Campaign Contributions from Energy and Natural Resources sector: $15,050, and $183,130 indirect or "uncoded".
|Campaign Contributions from Energy and Natural Resources sector: $83,250 with $259,076 uncoded.
|Campaign Contributions from Energy and Natural Resources sector: At least $621,164 since 1999.
|Campaign Contributions from Energy and Natural Resources sector: $235,650 since 1999.
Distance Calculation to nearby wells and other notes:
SPUD Data for nearby wells (in bold)
Link to this: Tinyurl.com/FranklinForksWPXTimeline
|Wells in Vicinity of Franklin Forks, PA
(all are Franklin Twp unless noted)
||Inspections||Violations||Distance to 41.919,-75.8472
||Flaring, Fracking, etc
All Flaring+Vera Video
||41.90735,-75.854119||0||0||1.42km / 0.88 mi / 4652'|
||41.8964,-75.818288||0||0||3.47km / 2.16 mi / 11395'|
|41.931147, -75.867247||30||7||2.14km / 1.33 mi / 7022'||Apr 12, 2012|
||41.924347, -75.872847||47||8||2.21km / 1.37 mi / 7242'||11/18/2010 8H|
||41.917137, -75.833016||56||15||1.19km / 0.74 mi / 3906'||Dec 15, 2011
Apr 4, 2012
Feb-26-13 (Service Rig)
|41.934805,-75.854316||6||0||1.85km / 1.15 mi / 6071'||Oct 9 2012|
||41.904852,-75.838436||14||0||1.73km / 1.08 mi / 5690'||May 16 2012
|41.930727,-75.831308||1||0||1.85km / 1.15 mi / 6071'|
||41.915708, -75.812991||14||3||2.86km / 1.78mi / 9390'|
SPUD Data for nearby wells (in bold)
||115-20174||WPX ENERGY APPALACHIA LLC||Liberty Twp
||115-20418||WPX ENERGY APPALACHIA LLC||Franklin Twp
||115-20254||WPX ENERGY APPALACHIA LLC||Franklin Twp||WEBSTER 2H||gas||41.915852||-75.813197||horiz||y
||115-20459||WPX ENERGY APPALACHIA LLC||Franklin Twp||DEPUE 4H||gas||41.924375||-75.873011||horiz||y
||115-20461||WPX ENERGY APPALACHIA LLC||Franklin Twp||DEPUE 8H||gas||41.924375||-75.8729||horiz||y
||115-20462||WPX ENERGY APPALACHIA LLC||Franklin Twp||DEPUE 10H||gas||41.924372||-75.872844||horiz||y
||115-20528||WPX ENERGY APPALACHIA LLC||Franklin Twp||HOLLENBECK 1H||gas||41.917216||-75.832816||horiz||y
||115-20527||WPX ENERGY APPALACHIA LLC||Franklin Twp||HOLLENBECK 2H||gas||41.917216||-75.832761||horiz||y
||115-20526||WPX ENERGY APPALACHIA LLC||Franklin Twp||HOLLENBECK 3H||gas||41.917216||-75.832708||horiz||y
||115-20525||WPX ENERGY APPALACHIA LLC||Franklin Twp||HOLLENBECK 4H||gas||41.917213||-75.832652||horiz||y
|6/27/2011||115-20568||WPX ENERGY APPALACHIA LLC||Franklin Twp||HERMAN 1H||gas||41.918452||-75.802450||horiz||y|
|6/27/2011||115-20570||WPX ENERGY APPALACHIA LLC||Franklin Twp||HERMAN 3H||gas||41.918483||-75.802413||horiz||y|
|6/27/2011||115-20572||WPX ENERGY APPALACHIA LLC||Franklin Twp||HERMAN 5H||gas||41.918513||-75.802375||horiz||y|
|9/8/2011||115-20622||WPX ENERGY APPALACHIA LLC||Liberty Twp||CARRAR 2H||gas
|9/8/2011||115-20624||WPX ENERGY APPALACHIA LLC||Liberty Twp||CARRAR 4H||gas
|9/8/2011||115-20626||WPX ENERGY APPALACHIA LLC||Liberty Twp||CARRAR 6H||gas
|12/10/2011||115-20692||WPX ENERGY APPALACHIA LLC||Franklin Twp||MITCHELL NORTH 1 5H||gas||41.904819||-75.838405||horiz||y
|12/10/2011||115-20693||WPX ENERGY APPALACHIA LLC||Franklin Twp||MITCHELL NORTH 1 7H||gas||41.904783||-75.838375||horiz||y
|12/10/2011||115-20697||WPX ENERGY APPALACHIA LLC||Franklin Twp||MITCHELL SOUTH 1 8H||gas||41.904769||-75.838408||horiz||y
|12/20/2011||115-20734||WPX ENERGY APPALACHIA LLC||Liberty Twp||KNAPIK EAST 1 12H||gas
|12/20/2011||115-20731||WPX ENERGY APPALACHIA LLC||Liberty Twp||KNAPIK WEST 1 6H||gas
|1/13/2012||115-20691||WPX ENERGY APPALACHIA LLC||Franklin Twp||MITCHELL NORTH 1 3H||gas||41.904852||-75.838436||horiz||y
||115-20699||WPX ENERGY APPALACHIA LLC||Liberty Twp||SADECKI 1 4H||gas
|2/23/2012||115-20864||WPX ENERGY APPALACHIA LLC||Franklin Twp||HDK EAST 1 7H||gas||41.877452||-75.820672||horiz||y|
|2/23/2012||115-20866||WPX ENERGY APPALACHIA LLC||Franklin Twp||HDK WEST 1 11H||gas||41.8775||-75.820761||horiz||y|
|2/23/2012||115-20865||WPX ENERGY APPALACHIA LLC||Franklin Twp||HDK WEST 1 9H||gas||41.877475||-75.820716||horiz||y|
|6/1/2012||115-20733||WPX ENERGY APPALACHIA LLC||Liberty Twp||KNAPIK EAST 1 10H||gas
|6/1/2012||115-20732||WPX ENERGY APPALACHIA LLC||Liberty Twp||KNAPIK WEST 1 8H||gas
|7/25/2013||115-21226||SOUTHWESTERN ENERGY PROD CO||Franklin Twp||KING NORTH 3H||gas||41.8915||-75.769344||horiz||y|
Link to this: Tinyurl.com/FranklinForksWPXTimeline