Monday, May 14, 2018

Salem PA: Root Cause Analysis just released!


Salem Update
  • EXCLUSIVE BREAKING NEWS: I have obtained under FOIL a never-before released document in the 2016 Salem, Westmoreland County, PA Texas-Eastern (TETCO) Pipeline rupture, which severely burned James Baker, and destroyed his home.

    Find it here: TinyURL.com/BHPipelineSafety

    Navigate: Enter Archive -> Salem PA ->  2018-05-07-SalemRootCauseAnalysisPHMSASpectra
  • I have done extensive reporting about the Salem Incident on my blog and on Facebook, including my interview with Helen Baker, James Baker's mom (3,000+ plays).

    The report, titled "Technical Root Cause Analysis of Delmont Line 27 Failure (direct link to the report)" (10/14/2016)  is 115 pages and has lots of technical details, never before published photographs.

     
  • NOTE WELL: This report was commissioned by Spectra. It is NOT the official PHMSA Pipeline Accident Report. After 2 years, we are still waiting... and waiting...

     
  • I've just glanced at the report, but I note that I correctly predicted some of the major findings.

    In a series of Facebook comments [1] [2] [3] between May 5, 2016 and July 21, 2016,
    I suggested the root cause would include certain factors, including:

    • Corrosion caused by wet conditions: creekbed, visible water seeps, and drainage
    • Corrosion caused by the presence of surface salt (chlorides)
    • Cathodic Protection failures

    (I identified other critical factors, such as close proximity to the upstream compressor @ Delmont, based on original research documented elsewhere on my blog).

This exclusive material brought to you by
the Scranton Times Trib? Nope. Pittsburgh Post-Gazette? Nope.

...By me!

I need your donations to continue this work.
    =================================================

    Quick Beg: I have done (IMHO) critical public service work for 8 years,
    using my very unique skills My Fracking Resume

    I am in critical need of about $2,000 in short-term funding
    (through June) until my long term funding is in place.
    Please donate generously, if you can, to support my work!
    PayPal.me/BillHuston
    =================================================

    --
    William Huston:  WilliamAHuston@gmail.com
    Binghamton NY

    Public Service Mapping / Videography / Research
    Blog -- Facebook -- Twitter  -- Youtube
    Document collections: VirtualPipelines -- BHDCSDimockArchive
    Please support my work: TinyURL.com/DonateToBillHuston


    No comments: