Tuesday, August 5, 2008

An alternative to the truth of disempowerment (was: Obama is not my candidate)


An except of a conversation I'm having with my freind Rob Speer on
a few local email lists....

In response to this:

Watch this, Obama supporters:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaG6s05MKeM

How do you explain this?

Just try to find such backpeddling from
Dennis Kucinich, Cynthia McKinney, or Ralph Nader
These are people of principle.

Looks like Obama's soul's been bought
by the money masters and generals.

A vote for EITHER McCain or Obama means
a vote for WAR WITH IRAN

This is a serious position shift, people,
just like the promised filibuster over telecom immunity...

(As reported on Democracy Now!, Obama ultimately
voted FOR immunity over illegal spying on innocent Americans!)

How do you peaceniks explain your decision to
support this man!!!????

On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 11:30 AM, Rob Speer <rspeer@stny.rr.com> wrote:

"peaceniks"?! Why, Bill, that's almost..well...hostile!

Hostile is wanting to cause another harm.
I do not wish to cause harm to peaceniks (or anyone).

I do wish to challenge people who claim to support peace
to be conscious of our actions
to think about our actions and habits
and to sometimes be called to defend our actions.

This is what keeps us on the right path.

All aspects of the political spectrum are, and have been under the control of the ruling elite.

This is certainly the truth,
and since this is the truth
(and a truth deliberately hidden)
it should certainly be spoken.

However, this is a truth of dis-empowerment.

In isolation, this truth (and other similar truths)
brings despair and disease.

There is another truth!
The truth of a source of infinite creative potential
inside each of us.
Do you want a reading list?

Try looking into any of these:

  • Yoga (WOW!!! a very complete system).
  • A Course in Miracles (ACIM)
  • Buddhism
  • Toltec Wisdom, as told by Don Miguel Ruiz
  • Louise Hay : You can heal your life.
  • Psychedelic Shamanism
  • Celestine Prophecy
  • Law of Attraction / Abraham-Hicks / The Secret
  • Tai Chi / Falun Gong-Dafa
  • Veganism
  • Meditation

That includes Oprah and her newage hucksters. Do you really think she would give up all the riches bestowed on her by her masters of the media in order to tell the truth to us pawns?

Rob, I find this interesting, for a couple of reasons.

First is that while you use the term "newage hucksters",
I happen to know from private conversations that you are
a very spiritual person. So I am a bit confused by this.

Also, with this (as well as with the focus of your public access show)
you seem to demonstrate (to my eyes)
an angry response to someone taking your power away.

My question to you is:
Why focus on that?

We are what we eat!
meaning: We become what you consume.
We get what we ask for.
We choose what we look at, and
We become what we look at.
We get to chose the house we live in.
We become our dwelling.

I do not believe that I am a pawn.

Yes, someone may see me as such,
but I don't care about that!
Why bother? Why give that any attention or energy?

I am a free person,
endowed by my creator with rights,
incredible power,
and great joy!

What a privilege is the opportunity of this experience!

At one time a few of us thought so....a petiton was circulated urging Oprah to help disseminate the truth about 911, and nothing ever came of it.

I would advise: forget about Oprah's failings.
A lot of people think she is doing some good,
like the Eckhard Tolle stuff.
Why not talk about that?

And before you call it "newage huckersterism"
I want to ask you, have you tried putting it into practice?

NO CANDIDATE coming out of this rotten system can be trusted, including Obama.

I agree about Obama, but what about Cynthia McKinney, Ralph Nader or Dennis Kucinich?
(As much as I love Nader, I must agree with my friend George Haeseler's logic
that the true progressive vote should go to McKinney for many reasons
she's a black woman, she has experience in the legislature,
she has experience successfully campaigning and coalition building,
and it will help build the Green Party, the "party of principle".

Peace, empowerment, happiness, and good health to all.

And if you want to know more about local opportunities to learn
Yoga, ACIM, Toltec, Buddhism, Law of Attraction,
veganism, meditation, etc., send me an email.

Peace+Love,
BH



--
Bill Huston
Binghamton NY
607-321-7846 c

email: WilliamAHuston at gmail
http://binghamtonpmc.org/bio.html
http://myspace.com/MrMouthyMan

No comments: