Saturday, February 9, 2013

From Carol French on "Saving the Farm by Fracking"


from Carol French, a PA farmer who signed a gas lease:
(via Yvonne Taylor)

"If I hear one more New York farmer
or any Farmer tell me
 that they want Natural Gas drilling in their state
 or they signed a gas lease to "SAVE their FAMILY FARM"
I will probably lose it!

 Today I thought it's going to be a good day.
We didn't lose power (snowstorm).
We made our way to the barn
to only find that another cow aborts her calf.

She was eight months into her pregnancy.

 Before I was done milking my cows,
cow number three starts to abort her calf.
She too is eight months into her pregnancy.

In nine days we have had three cows lose their calves.

For people not familiar with farming
I will explain the dilemma.

A cow should be "dry" for 2 months before giving birth.
A cow that aborts during this time of her pregnancy
doesn't "come into" her milk real well.

This Farmer counts on the replacement calves
 to continue farming the same number of cows.

I have heard from other farmers with "changed" water
having similar problems.

 If this is true, the money from the lease,
royalties, and signing other agreements
 will NOT offset the cost of

1. Losing your health.
2. Losing your family business,
3. Losing the value of your property.

With this stripped from you,
 what will you have?

A farmer claiming that this natural gas extraction
 is going to save the farm is sadly mistaken.

Should that farmer count on this money
and lose everything that I had mentioned ………

He defiantly will lose his farm to the gas industry
without a dime in his pocket! ……

Just a farmer sounding off,
before I lose it!!

Hoping tomorrow will be a better day!"


http://www.pressconnects.com/comments/article/20130208/NEWS11/302080072/Southern-Tier-landowners-say-they-ll-sue-state-misses-fracking-deadline




--
--
May you, and all beings
be happy and free from suffering :)
-- ancient Buddhist Prayer (Metta)

No comments: