Monday, October 28, 2013

Unmanned Military Drone Chopper spotted over Endicott



I spotted a strange helicopter over Endicott today.
Not like any I've seen before.

I looked it up. I was to find out it was an unmanned,
military DRONE
made by Lockheed Martin called the K-MAX.

Turns out this time it had a pilot:

http://www.pressconnects.com/article/20131028/NEWS01/310280080/Lockheed-engineers-visit-Maine-Endwell-promote-science-engineering?gcheck=1

I called Air Traffic Control at Binghamton Regional Airport and asked them
if Drones ever were permitted in this airspace. The controller I spoke
with said, "sometimes". (WHAT!!!?)

I asked him if he had specific knowledge of any drones flying today: No.
He said, "We got a call about an event, honoring some firefighters, where there
would be some low-flying helicopters". I said the copter seemed to be at about
500'. He said that was below their radar.



--
--
May you, and all beings
be happy and free from suffering :)
-- ancient Buddhist Prayer (Metta)

No comments: