Thursday, August 4, 2016

Potential Impact Radius of gas pipelines -- GET THE FACTS

I am going to just say this once, and then I will drop it.

It has come to my attention that someone (whom I will not name) has been using my intellectual property, the result of years of my own original research on calibrating the "Potential Impact Radius" formula which has been incorporated into federal regulations @ 49 CFR § 192.903, uncredited, and with their own organizational logo on it, as if it was their own work.

I have found that other information presented along with my original research (uncredited) is of a dubious nature. Be sure to check out your "experts".

I have worked countless hours on videos, research, and blogs on fracknig and pipelines over the last 6 years, on my own dime, and without pay. 

Frankly I am THRILLED when people find my work valuable and want to share it! But please give me credit.

I want my work to be seen and used. Unless otherwise specified, I publish all of my work with a Creative Commons license, specifically, CC-BY-NC. This is a very liberal license, which allows you to share and republish my work, as long as it is for a non-commercial purpose, and I am credited. All other rights are reserved and revert to ordinary copyright.

I am not doing this work for ego or name recognition. I am doing this in the public service, and for the forests and the birds and fish and other creatures who have no advocate.

A person doing public service work (like Dr.Tony Ingraffea, for example) develops a certain "brand identity" which identifies the material as credible and well-researched.

I do not have a Phd, so my brand identity is a more difficult sell, and is only established after many years of producing high-quality work. So unfortunately, I do have to protect my intellectual property and my name.

Bottom line here is IF you want someone who is knowledgeable about the Potential Impact Radius, I would say find someone who has the facts. I do not know of anyone else who has undertaken the effort to try to calibrate the PIR formula against actual real-world data, other than me. I am happy to give presentations on this material and to help groups, and I have helped many groups. 

If you come across anyone else who is talking about this material, esp. if they are representing this as their own work, please ask them for their sources.

Best Regards,
Bill Huston
Binghamton NY


--
--
May you, and all beings
be happy and free from suffering :)
-- ancient Buddhist Prayer (Metta)

No comments: