Saturday, May 26, 2012

21 IMPORTANT QUESTIONS FOR LANDOWNERS TO ASK THE GAS INDUSTRY

21 IMPORTANT QUESTIONS FOR LANDOWNERS TO ASK THE GAS INDUSTRY
by Craig Stevens

  1. Where’s the meter? How do I know how much money you owe me each month?

  2. Why can’t we wait awhile until the price goes up again for my natural gas?

  3. Why do you only pay the landowner 12.5-20% royalty on their own minerals?

  4. Will you guarantee me my gas will stay here in the USA and put it in writing?

  5. Why are so many foreign countries buying our leases? ( China, Russia, Norway, Japan )

  6. What do I do if my neighbors water goes bad and they want to sue the both of us?

  7. Are you going to liquefy the gas and share the profits with landowners when sold?

  8. Are you planning on using Emminent Domain to take my property to install pipelines?

  9. Can you guarantee in writing my water will not go bad and will you fix it if it does?

  10. If you sell my lease to another company will they be responsible to honor the contract?

  11. Have you ever paid a landowner to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement to stay quiet?

  12. Are you going to use Force Majeure and/or Options Clauses to extend my lease?

  13. Will you be drilling vertical wells that are non-producing just to hold my lease?

  14. Will you order your contractors to share the roads safely with our community?

  15. Will you assure us that all contracted drivers and vehicles are legal and safe?

  16. Will you promise in writing not to punish workers who report problems that occur?

  17. Will you believe your landowner partners when we call with problems and fix them?

  18. Will you demand the seismic companies get all landowners permission before starting?

  19. Will you inform all my neighbors in the path of drilling to allow them to pre-drill test?

  20. Will you as a good neighbor provide potable water to anyone damaged post drilling?

  21. Will you stop all drilling activity in my area if multiple peoples water is disturbed?

contact:
Craig L. Stevens, Marcellus Patriots For Land Rights, 6th Generation Landowner

Silver Lake Township, Pa., 570-967-2280, clscraigstevens@earthlink.net

1 comment:

Vera said...

excellent questions-- haven't heard any landowner answer any of them, especially, the concerns about messing up my neighbor's water from the possible rig on their land..!