of a major NY city of 47,000 people DESPITE THE MORATORIUM IN NY
FACT: Almost no one is aware of this.
FACT: Each of these 98 wells introduces TONS of poisons into the environment
FACT: Each of these 98 wells is a POTENTIAL source of water contamination
FACT: There are at least 8 reported incidents of water contamination in this area (perhaps many more)
- FOUR blowouts of bentonite drilling muds at Laurel Lake Creek during pipeline construction
- Heavenly Angels Restaurant in Franklin Forks with Barium Poisoning in their water
- Depue 8H well in Franklin Twp. with a failed casing, methane leaks are a vector for other contamination also
- Erupting wells in Franklin Forks with explosive levels of methane
- Black Water in Great Bend Borough in a dozen homes coincident with fracking operations nearby
FACT: EVERY Press+Media outlet in town HAS BEEN AWARE of this for 2 weeks, but has REMAINED SILENT.
What will it take to RAISE THE ALARM??
Do people have to DIE for this to be NEWS???
My blogs about this story.
- Sept 16: http://williamahuston.blogspot.com/2012/09/jeff-platsky-re-binghamton-water-story.html
- Sept 11: http://williamahuston.blogspot.com/2012/09/urgent-please-call-press-every-day.html
- Sept 10: http://williamahuston.blogspot.com/2012/09/city-of-binghamtons-water-is-unsafe-98.html
- Sept 7: http://williamahuston.blogspot.com/2012/09/do-you-live-in-ny-and-think-your-water.html
- Sept 5: http://williamahuston.blogspot.com/2012/09/is-binghamtons-water-already-affected.html
about this story since Sept 5 (two weeks) and are
REMAINING SILENT and enforcing the MEDIA BLACKOUT .
Please call or write them and ask that they cover this URGENT story with potential
HEALTH IMPACTS to 47,000 people who do not know there
is ACTIVE FRACKING WITHIN THEIR WATER SOURCE.
The 47,000 Residents of the City of Binghamton
DESERVE TO KNOW THE TRUTH ABOUT THEIR WATER!!!
Please help and call or email and demand this story be covered,
OR PERHAPS THESE NEWS DIRECTORS SHOULD RESIGN.
Press and Sun/Gannett 607-798-1151 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Steve Reilly
- Jon Campbell (Albany Bureau)
- Jeff Platsky
- Calvin Stoval (Executive Editor) (607) 798-1186
- Al Vieira (Managing Editor) (607) 798-1374
- Chris Kocher
- News Director
- Melissa Kakareka
- Candice Chapman (News Director)
- Greg Catlin (General Manager)
- Brian Sickora (CEO)
- Ken Campbell
- Greg Keeler
- Crystal Sarakas
- Bob Joseph (News Director) email@example.com
- Jim Ehmke (News Director) firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Suh Neubauer (News Director) email@example.com,
- Larry Sparano
- Kate Thornton
- Suzanne Goldklang
- News Director
Please also call these government officials and DEMAND they RESPOND to this emerging crisis:
Broome County Director of Emergency Management:
Senator Tom Libous
- Senator@senatorlibous.com (607) 772-6792
Assemblywoman Donna Lupardo
- LupardoD@assembly.state.ny.us (607) 723-9047
May you, and all beings
be happy and free from suffering :)
-- ancient Buddhist Prayer (Metta)