- Need bloggers to write about this: LOCAL MEDIA BLACKOUT.
- Need people to call the numbers below and ask local media to report this URGENT STORY.
Call and inform regional and state media as well.
- Please distribute this to local lists in Broome County and Tioga County.
Two local reporters now have said:
"The news threshold is ACTUAL HARM.
Until there is PROOF of Actual Harm, there is NO STORY".
Definition of Safe: "Without RISK of harm"
1) A man holds a child over the balcony of a 20 story building => arrested for "endangerment of a child"
even though the child was not harmed. WHY? BECAUSE IT'S NOT SAFE!
2) A man walks into a busy mall and starts shooting a gun. => arrested for reckless endangerment
even though no one was hurt. Why? BECAUSE IT'S NOT SAFE!
3) Frackers introduce hundreds of tons of toxins into the region which are the headwaters for
the city of Binghamton's supply.
And are people arrested BECAUSE IT'S NOT SAFE? NO!
It's not even deemed newsworthy!! (says two local reporters)
Something is wrong with this issue.
It is up to YOU to MAKE this a news story!
FACT: Most people in the City of Binghamton and New York in general are care-free
because they think their water is SAFE because there is no fracking going on in NY
due to the moratorium.
FACT: There is serious cause for concern right now, as in the last 4 years there have
been 98 unconventional gas will drilled in the City of Binghamton's water source.
PEOPLE DO NOT KNOW OR UNDERSTAND THIS FACT
JOURNALISTS AND BLOGGERS:
Please RAISE THE ALARM NOW!
Please call the press and media EVERY DAY until they report
the FACT that there are 98 unconventional wells upstream
of the City of Binghamton's water intake!!
This is a potential Public Health EMERGENCY affecting ~50,000 people.
and people are IGNORANT OF THE CLEAR AND PRESENT DANGER OF HARM
FACT: the city of Binghamton has at least one intake directly from the Susquehanna River.
FACT: Every NY city West of Binghamton which draws directly from the river IS ALSO AT RISK.
FACT: Any surface spills or "inadvertent return to surface" of fracking chemicals or drilling muds WILL EVENTUALLY END UP IN THE RIVER.
FACT: Every one of those 98 wells is a potential source of contamination and poisons
FACT: There are many abandoned (orphaned) wells which are conduits to the surface.
FACT: Many of these poisons are biologically active in PARTS PER BILLION
FACT: There have been many reported problems in SUSQUEHANNA COUNTY at sites with Binghamton's headwaters,
e.g., Franklin Forks, and Great Bend
And about water testing,
FACT: If the contamination is not present when the testing is done, everything appears fine!
IF THEY TELL YOU "don't worry, the City does regular water testing".
=> FIRST remind them of the FACT that NO ONE KNOWS there are 98 unconventional wells in Binghamton's Headwaters.
=> NEXT press for more details. What kind of test? What does it look for? Is it continuous testing?
Water is always flowing. What happens if the poison cloud passes outside of the testing interval?
ASK FOR THE NEWS DIRECTOR or the MANAGING EDITOR
- WBNG Action News 607-729-9575 Greg Catlin, news director
- WICZ Newschannel-34 607-798-0070 Jim Ehmke, news director
- YNN 607-240-6631 or 1-866-4NEWS10
- WSKG 607-729-0100 (ask for news director or General Manager Brian Sickora)
or call 729-0200 (leave message)
- WIVT Fox40 607-723-6403 Suh Neubauer, News Director
- WNBF radio 607-772-8400 (Bob Joseph or news)
- Press + Sun 607-798-1151
Executive Editor: Calvin Stovall (607) 798-1186
Assistant Managing Editor: Al Vieira (607) 798-1374
- WHRW radio 607-771-2139 (ask for news director)
In addition to the press, may want to call:
- Brett Chellis, Director of Emergency Management: 607.778.2170
- Mayor Matt Ryan: (607) 772-7001 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please call every day.
When the residents of the City of Binghamton learn about this
they will be (rightfully) outraged.
More info and maps:
May you, and all beings
be happy and free from suffering :)
-- ancient Buddhist Prayer (Metta)