SHORT NOTICE! BIG EVENT!
Still A Bridge to Nowhere: Methane Emissions and the Greenhouse Gas Footprint of Natural Gas
Tuesday, April 14, 2015 at 4:30pm
Hollister Hall, McManus Lounge 4 Central Ave, Ithaca, NY 14850, USA
On the 4th anniversary of their seminal paper with Rene Santoro, "Methane and the greenhouse gas footprint of natural gas from shale formations", Profs. Bob Howarth and Tony Ingraffea will present a retrospective on the new science that has ensued, the resulting proposed policy and regulatory changes, and the ongoing socio-political "discourse" on this topic. They will show videos of ongoing venting and leakage of methane from various sources and discuss the continuing impact of methane emissions on both air quality and climate change.
If you are not familiar with Cornell,
- Park at Ithaca Municipal Parking on 119 Dryden Rd.
Take your ticket with you. Pay at the station on the way back to your car.
- On foot, make a left at the Starbucks, past Collegtown Bagles.
- You can take the footbridge or walk the road. Footbridge is a little shorter.
- Walk up the stairs between Thurston Hall and Hollister Hall.
- Hollister Hall is on the left. Use the side door, or enter main entrance off the Quad.
- McManus Lounge is on the left on the first floor.