Thursday, January 29, 2009

What is "evil"?

To my friend Rob, on the STNYLightworkers list:

Robbie, what is "evil"?
Seriously. And where did it come from?
I think it's Divine Source Energy
this has 1,000 names,
take you pick.

Out beyond ideas
of wrong-doing and right-doing,
there is a field.
I'll meet you there.

When the soul lies down in that grass,
the world is too full to talk about.
Ideas, language,
even the phrase: "
each other"
doesn't make any sense.

-- Rumi, Sufi poet, 730 years ago



Advaita Vedanta
Moses Code:
"I am that I am"
ahamsa
So Hum
Be the change.
it's all the same thing

"I've met the enemy, and he is us." -- Pogo
Aum.
Om mane padme aum.
Non-duality
Ho'oponopono
It's all saying the same thing!
Brahman
Krishna
Christ
Big Bang
Universal Field

Even Christianity teaches
"Hell is separation from God".
Yet this is the story as presented:
a vision of being separate from God.
so ironic

So as long as we see ourselves
as apart from God,
we are in hell.
Yet this vision is arbitrary.

Advaita Vedanta
"We are All One"
We are all God

There is no other.
There is no enemy.
It's all God!

And when we all really get that
we have union with God
the separateness vanishes
and we escape from Hell forever.

BH

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Or, it's not even God... But I have no big objection to calling it God. I guess we have to call it something, right? Except maybe God is too loaded a word by now. I really hate "loaded" words, although what they are loaded with is itself a complicated subject. Loaded with meaning? I don't think it's quite that. Loaded with prejudice? Closer. Loaded with cultural baggage?

EVERY word is "just a word" and yet, "not".