Please visit the calendar for more events: http://nyrad.org/calendar.html
Note: not all of the events below are on the calendar yet...
I will try to add them soon...
Wed Sept 21:
- An Evening of Fracking Films, Forums, and Fizz - Syracuse
5pm – 10pm Palace Theater, 2384 James Street, Syracuse, NY 13206 (map)
- Citizen's Marcellus Shale Commission meeting 6pm – 9pm Lycoming College's Heim Hall Room G-11, Williamsport, PA
- Elmira forum on the SGEISw/Chip Northrup, Ron Bishop, Rachel Treichlerhttp://williamahuston.blogspot.com/2011/09/elmira-forum-on-gas-drilling-in-ny-thu.html
6:30 p.m. Steele Memorial Library Elmira
- Wysox/Towanda, Pa.
Citizens Marcellus Shale Commission Hearings Thursday, September 22, 2011 | 6-9 pmWysox Fire Hall, Lake Road, Wysox (outside Towanda)
Get Directions Learn more and register to participate
- Town of Ulysses ban leaders to speak ! - Thursday 9/22 Endicott Library 6:45 pm
7:00pm Watkins Glen Village Boardroom Municipal Building, 303 N. Franklin St., Watkins Glen -- Dr. Charles M Sorenson, a PhD Chemical Engineer, will give a Power Point presentation at the Watkins Glen Village Board meeting room. Dr. Sorenson has 14 years expeerience in oil refinery engineering. He comes to speak about the LPG facility proposed for Watkins Glen.
- 12:00 – 3:00pm Sidney Public Library - GASLAND w/informal Q+A
- Clean Air Council presents a free community workshop on clean air:
“Protecting the Air We All Breathe: Air & Health Impacts from Natural Gas Operations and Tools for Cleaner Air”
2-4pm. Mountain View High School in Kingsley, PA
Explore the potential health impacts from the expanding natural gas industry and equip participants with tools to protect everyone’s right to breathe clean air. The workshop will cover topics ranging from regulations, air quality and health impacts to public commenting, air monitoring, and mapping of natural gas operations. More info: (215) 567-4004 x 121 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Moving Planet: GDACC screening of Gasland 1pm & Split Estate 3pm. Discussion following each film, refreshments. 9 Main Street, Cortland, NY.
- Clean Water Walk to Dimock 1pm – 4pm Price Chopper, Montrose, PA
- DEC Hearing on the Watkins Glen LP gas storage
7pm in the Watkins Glen High School Auditorium, 301 12th St.
Wed Sept 28
- Madison County Natural Gas Development Group -- Town Tour
The Madison County Natural Gas Development Working Group has met almost monthly and addressed several of the most frequently voiced topics from the 2010 Listening Tour, and would like to share a summary of our activities. We will meet according to the following schedule and encourage interested parties from those towns and neighboring towns to attend.
Time Town Location
9:00 – 10:00 am DeRuyter Town Hall
10:30 – 11:30 noon Lebanon Town Hall
12:30 – 1:30 pm Brookfield Town Hall
2:30 – 3:30pm Eaton (Morrisville) Town Hall
- Movie: Cluster fracked w/David Rovics, Oneonta UU
- Shale Show With Chip Northrup & Kelly Branigan - New Berlin, NY 7pm – 9pm St. Andrew's Episcopal Church, 40 South Main St., New Berlin (map)Guests Chip Northrup and Kelly Branigan
- Binghamton UU Church:
Movie: Cluster fracked Music by David Rovics
Potluck @ 6pm, movie at 7pm.
Sun Oct 2
• GDACC Monthly meeting, 5pm, 9 Main Street, Cortland, NY.
- Ian Urbana Cornell 4:30
- Assembly Standing Committee on Environmental Conservation
Public Hearing: Revised Draft Supplemental Generic Environmental Impact Statement (rdSGEIS) governing natural gas drilling
**Click here to view public hearing notice**
Hamilton Hearing Room B, Legislative Office Building, 2nd Floor, Albany, New York
Time: 9:30 A.M. Contact: Michael Szydlo (518) 455-4363
Media Contact: Assembly Press Office (518) 455-3888
- 9 - 10 AM: DEC Commissioner Joe Martens Hosts Online Town Hall via Citizen Connects: http://governor.ny.gov/
- Gas Facts Fall Fest The Buffalo Irish Center 245 Abbott Rd Buffalo, NY 2pm-5pm
Sat Oct 15:
- 1:00 – 3:30 pm A free, public forum: Drilling and the DEC: Responding to Economic Impacts Women’s Community Building, 100 W. Seneca St, Ithaca.
- Cortland County Gas Drilling Task Force Responding to the SGEIS
- How to Craft and Adopt Local Laws to Protect Land and Natural Resources from High Impact Industrial Land Uses Cortland County Office Building Auditorium
- 6:00pm DRBC Hearing to Consider Adoption of the Regulations Allowing Drilling - Trenton, NJ
- 7-9pm When Home Becomes a Gasfield - Bradford Co, PA Landowner Speaks - Danby Town Hall, 1830 Danby Rd, Danby, NYA Conversation with Bradford County Landowner Ruth Tonachel Ruth, a 6th generation resident of Towanda,
- Marcellus Panel at APHA - Washington, DC
The American Public Health Association (APHA) has approved a panel to present on the impacts of shale gas extraction at their next annual conference, which typically draws over 10,000 public health professionals. The speakers for this panel being coordinated by CHEC are: A. R. Ingraffea, PhD, PE; Conrad Dan Volz, DrPH, MPH; Robert Field, PhD; Jerome A. Paulson, MD, FAAP; and Susan Christopherson, PhD. - Slot: 4379.0 - SCI: Tuesday, November 1, 2011: 4:30 PM - 6:00 PM. Samantha Malone, MPH, CPH of CHEC will also be giving a free-standing oral presentation about FracTracker.org and its ability to guide decision-making surrounding shale gas drilling on November 2, 2011: 12:30 PM - 2:00 PM. Learn more about the conference here: http://www.apha.org/meetings/AnnualMeeting/
- 1:00pm – 3:30pm and 6 - 9pm DEC Public Hearings on SGEIS The Forum Theatre, 236 Washington St., Binghamton, NY
Also check: http://nyrad.org/calendar.html for latest events
William Huston WilliamAHuston@gmail.com
Binghamton NY Phone: 607-321-7846
Videos: http://youtube.com/billhuston http://vimeo.com/billhuston
Bio/blog: http://binghamtonpmc.org/bio.html http://WilliamAHuston.blogspot.com
Binghamton-area discussion; spirituality topics: http://tinyurl.com/STNYlightworkers
Binghamton Public Access TV is Open-To-Everyone! http://www.O2ETV.org