Monday, September 10, 2018

URGENT: $500 needed for costs of #BombTrucks 101




Hi everyone,

I am trying to raise ~$5,000 over the next few weeks,
and $500 urgently, to support my work documenting
the harms of Bulk Haul, High Pressure, Type-4 CNG
Carbon Fiber Composite, "Virtual Pipeline" Tube Trailers.
a/k/a, #BombTrucks

Doing public service work has challenges.
Only about 1/4 of my work is presently funded
from grants for specific projects.

Most of my work is unfunded.

This suits me, because much of my time is free
to be able to jump on and study some new threat.

I did major investigations into pipeline failures in
Salem PA, Mayflower, AR, Sissonville WV,
and Moundsville WV in my unfunded "slack time".

My #BombTrucks research came from slack time.



So I do the work up front, then after you see what I've done,
I ask for money to support myself.  It's kind of like passing
the offering plate AFTER the sermon :)

I have 2 major projects I am working on, both are big. 
I need funds to keep going!

I have put about 1,000 hours of my time researching the new,
experimental Type-4 CNG Virtual Pipeline Tube Trailers.
... aka, #BombTrucks

Here is a brief timeline of my work on this subject:

You may think "Virtual Pipelines" are some arcane topic in the
fossil fuel wars, something trivial and uninteresting.

Craig Stevens and I are so convinced Type-4 CNG "Tube Trailers" are the "NEXT BIG THING", that we just put on a series of educational forums (Ithaca, Oneonta, Endicott/Vestal) on these new, experimental vehicles.

 We can bring this presentation to your town too!

1,000 hours at a living wage ($15/hr) is $15,000
This is what I have donated to the public service.

I am trying to raise just $5,000 to cover
my expenses doing this research the last 18 months.

This is not even a living wage $15/hr but just $5/hr.
I work cheap! (and I live modestly, and get food
from the local food bank).

I am in desperate need of about $500 right away, urgently.

This is a summary of my public service work over the last 10 years:
(videography, maps, research, education)

As you can see, I have diverse talents, and I put them to use in the public
service daily. 

Please donate if you can.
TinyURL.com/DonateToBillHuston

To all my friends and patrons: Thank you!
BH

--
William Huston:  WilliamAHuston@gmail.com
Binghamton NY

Public Service Mapping / Videography / Research
Blog -- Facebook -- Twitter  -- Youtube
Document collections: VirtualPipelines -- BHDCSDimockArchive
Please support my work: TinyURL.com/DonateToBillHuston


No comments: